Robert is a registered trained professional horticultural therapist (HTR) and holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Agriculture from the University of Florida. Robert owns his own business, Horticulture Therapy Consultants, and for more than a decade, Robert has worked with residents at over one hundred senior living facilities, major hospitals, local municipalities, government agencies and mental health facilities. Robert provides his services over 800 times a year to a vast amount of facilities in the South Florida area. He has been featured in numerous local and regional newspaper and magazine articles and on local and national television programs. Robert resides in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
Robert has served as:
- President of the American Horticultural Therapy Association (AHTA), Florida Chapter
- Garden reporter for CBS News Miami
- Key player in several community outreach programs through Fairchild Tropical Garden
- First Horticultural Therapist at Hollywood Memorial Hospital
Robert is a member of several professional organizations including:
- American Horticultural Therapy Association (AHTA) since 1989
- National Work Team Nominations Committee since 1993
- Florida Chapter of American Horticultural Therapy Association since 1989 and served as President from 1995-1996, Vice-President in 1994.
- He was Coordinator Florida AHTA Annual Conference at Fairchild Tropical Gardens in 1993
Robert has authored several publications and made public appearances including:
- South Florida Magazine: "Perfect Potpourri"
- Florida International University: "The Therapy of Gardening"
- Annual State Conference, Florida AHTA: "How to Start a Horticultural Therapy Program"
- Fairchild Tropical Gardens presentations: "Setting Goals for Your Horticultural Therapy Program and a year earlier "Creative Ideas Using Plants"
- International AHTA Conference: "How to start Your Own HT Business"
Robert has years of experience in agriculture, horticulture, horticultural therapy, sales, marketing, promotions and public speaking. He has developed a keen understanding of the positive relationship between horticultural therapy and the need of the individuals body and spirit. This experience and vast knowledge places Robert in a position to embark on a career promoting a worldwide "brand" of horticultural therapy. Robert plans to create and host a variety of garden related television shows, produce DVD's, author books and create merchandise to entertain, educate and lift the mind body and spirit through "Horticultural Therapy".